Chicken Dopyaza is a delicious indian recipe. Everyone love to eat chicken recipe but we usually eat this type of menu in hotel and for that we have to pay a lot of money but why? Now learn this easy and delicious recipe and make it at your home with low price and enjoy the cooking. Make it at home for your lunch and dinner recipe.
- 1 kg chicken with bones. (Medium size pieces)
- 1 small onion, chopped.
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- 1 inch ginger, chopped.
- 5 Tablespoons of curd.
- Spice powder
- Salt and sugar.
- A handful of onion chunks, cut into cube size.
- Whole spices (1 bay leaf, 4 green cardamoms, 4 cloves, 6 black peppercorns, 1 small cinnamon stick, 2 blades of star anise, 1 Teaspoon of cumin seeds).
- 1 dry red chilli.
- 4 Tablespoons of oil.
How to make Spice Powder?
1 and half Teaspoon of turmeric powder, 2 Teaspoons of hot red chilli powder, 1/4th Teaspoon of javetri powder, 1/3rd Teaspoon of jayfal powder, 2 Teaspoons of coriander powder, 1 Teaspoon of garam masala powder.
How to make?
- Marinate the washed chicken with curd, some salt and turmeric powder for 2-3 hours.
- Put the chopped onion, garlic and ginger in a blender with little water and make a smooth paste.
- fry all the whole spices in hot oil for few seconds.
- Then add the prepared paste with pinch of salt. Cook in medium flame for 15 minutes.
- Set the flame at low and add the marinated chicken. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Now add all the spice powder and mix well on medium flame for another 10 minutes.
- Add a cup of water, pinch of sugar and more salt. Mix well and cook until the chicken becomes soft.
- After the chicken becomes fully tendor, heat 2 Teaspoons of oil in another pan.
- Add dry red chilli and cubed onion chunks in hot oil. Fry them for 3 minutes on high flame.
- Then put them on the cooked chicken curry. Mix well and turn off the heat. Let it rest for few minutes, then serve.
you can also add chopped coriander leaves before turning off the heat.