Fish chop/ Fish Croquettes is a one of the most delicious food recipe.
You can eat it with rice or take a tea break in evening with this delicious recipe. Make it at your home and creat a beautifull moment of your life.
- 2 pieces of fish with bone (bhetki / rui / katla).
- 1 boiled potato.
- 1 egg.
- Bread crumbs.
- Little turmeric powder.
- 2 green chilies.
- 1 inch ginger chopped.
- Half onion finely chopped.
- Spice powder (1 Teaspoon roasted cumin powder, 1/2 Teaspoon garam masala, 1 Teaspoon red chili powder and pinch of chat masala).
- Some chopped coriander leaves.
- 7 Teaspoons mustard oil.
- White oil for deep fry.
- Rub the fish pieces with turmeric powder and some salt. Keep it for 5 minutes.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan.
- Fry thy fish pieces both sides for 5-6 minutes. Remove those in a plate and let it become cool.
- Now discard the skin and debone the fish pieces. Make the fish crumble a little bit.
- Mash the boiled potato with your hand and keep aside.
- In 2 Teaspoons of same oil, add chopped ginger. Saute it for a minute.
- Then add chopped onion. Fry it for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the mashed potato and crumbled fish. Mix this very well.
- Add all the spice powder and salt. Mix well.
- Check the seasoning and adjust it according to your taste.
- Lastly add chopped coriander leaves and green chilies. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Let this mixture cool down completely.
- Then make some croquettes out of the mixture. You can give them any shape.
- Take a bowl. Beat an egg with pinch of salt.
- Now dip one croquette in the beaten egg and then roll it in bread crumbs.
- Again dip it in the egg and coat it with bread crumbs.
- Let those coated chops rest for 10 minutes.
- Then fry those one by one in hot white oil for 5 minutes.
Remove them in a paper towel, sprinkle some chat masala and serve.
bengali version- Fish Croquettes / Fish Chop